Wednesday 9 September 2020

FUN RUN FANTASTICAL - Connecting with buddies through a Scratch game!

This, is my 'FUN RUN FANTASTICAL' game. I have worked on it for quite a while so here it is! 
As it is level 2 -  in Covid levels - we haven't been able to visit Team Pukeko, who are our buddy class over at Awapuni. Because of this, there aren't many ways we can connect with them in real life. However! We can, over the internet. Using our Cybersmart skills, we have created games on Scratch that our buddies can play ( or watch, in the case of a story) from their school and homes!

I am rather happy with my game, although I might go back and make it even better when I develop more advanced skills. The game itself in called 'FUN RUN FANTASTICAL' as you would know at this point, and the idea came from the Fun Run that you can read a little bit more about on some other posts on my blog! My cat sprite has to go through three levels of obstacles that were partly inspired by the fun run at Awapuni, and the time it has to get through gets shorter everytime! 

Next time I would like to code a game that has some sort of consequence when you touch the obstacle/object/opponent etc, so that is my next goal. I tried adding some meowing sound effects for fun, but I think that I could make some more advanced music and sound effects. What do you think I could improve on? I hope you like my game, and feel like you can make a game yourself too!

Link to join Scratch!:https://scratch.mit.edu/join

Link to blog page where you can find more awesome blogs and games: https://sites.google.com/gisint.school.nz/lh112020/blogs

Link to my game on the Scratch website: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/422221062/

Let me know if something doesn't work regarding the links, or game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.